My Blog List

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday

A Friend told me to try Goodwill out for thrifting...since the only Goodwill I have been to was the one in my hometown, I thought I'd give one of five Goodwill stores a try, now my mission was to find some vintage floral bedsheets, I was not successful yet again, however, with my thrifty ways, I took a gander anyways throughout the store and several other goodies spoke to me and I adopted them and gave them a second chance of life! This is a cute mini birdcage, very rusted, so I quickly spray painted it a pumpkin orange for a new face lift...

I found this green velvet pillow, reminded me of my grandmother's throw pillows at her home... and this lovely vintage hat box, I can't believe people passed it by until I came along, I mean this item stopped me dead in my tracks for crying out loud!!

Here is the hatbox in closer detail, it's Easter themed!!!

Of course crocheted hangers are popular, so I got those 2 and the flowery one I just couldn't resist, so i adopted it too! all 1buck each!!

Now I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this....a very old antique bib necklace! these sell like hot cakes on etsy all the time, I have always wanted one, but they are soooooooo expensive on other etsy shops, way out of my budget...but snagged this one for only $3.99........now that's a price I can pay!

And my favorite "finds" of the day....now the lower left picture was the one showing in it's original wrapping, and for 5 bucks, I thought for one print, that's a little steep, but I will get it anyway, well when I got home and took it out of it's wrapping, 3 other different kitty prints fell to the ground, I was so shocked, but pleasantly surprised! Now 5 bucks for 4 seemed more reasonable! I love little unexpected things like that! So how much was spent you all wonder? 18 bucks and some change! Not bad!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Wooooooohoooooo!!! Looks like somebody has caught the thrifting bug. What adorable finds!!! That's the fun of it all- you never know what you'll find :)

A bird in the hand said...

Talk about a haul! You did really good, kiddo. xoxoxo

Minx's Den said...

jennie.....you weren't joking! it is addictive!
colette- thank you! it was a good haul, I can't wait to try the other place in Lincoln! but I should pace myself....hehehe!