My Blog List

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Life Is Short: Craft And Love People!





Today marks the 4th anniversary of my Grandpa's death. Instead of being sad all day, I will be happy. Not because he is gone, but because I know where he is, and he watches over me and how my life has progressed these last 4 years. If he appeared to me, right in front of me, here's what I would say.....

These last 4 years have turned my life upside down and back around again! I got married to Joe back in 2008, a June bride am I! The wedding was beautiful, you should of seen my dress! I looked like a cute yummy giant cream puff! I started an etsy business in late 2008, it didnt really take off until 2010, but I enjoy it with all my might, I get to be my own boss, have my own hours and days off! I craft almost constantly now, by sewing knitting, hand stitching, I am quite the seamstress! I also moved to Lincoln, Nebraska with Joe, it was a tough adjustment at first, but we both love our new town! Joe has a great career, he's advancing like a rocket!

you see, 2007 was a really rough year....the loss of 3 loved ones back to back within 3 months! My cousin died in Feb of 07, I have now out lived him (he was 27, I am now 28) and my hubby's beloved grandpa died suddenly of a stroke in March of 07. I have come to accept all 3 deaths and time does heal the wounds, the scars remain, but it doesn't really hurt anymore, I just craft instead and love the people in my life still alive. Life is short for everyone, young and old, even for me! I don't know when it will be my time, but in the mean time, I am going to craft, knit, sew, draw, paint, love the people in my life, go antiquing, thrifting, until the last breath escapes my lungs! I don't live in the past anymore, only in the present, and take on the future one day at a time!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Very inspiring, Lauren! Your grandpa must be very proud, and probably brags about you every day to his buddies "up there" :)

Minx's Den said...

thanks jennie, thats very sweet of you to say!

The Rusty Teapot said...

You have an awesome positive outlook. I wish I could be like that too.

Minx's Den said...

I try to be as positive as I can, being negative just makes one feel worse!