My Blog List

Friday, February 4, 2011

An Ode To Etsy Friends, My Head, A Yellow Sweater, And Kitties



My newest magazine love!!! (Sorry Domino) well it's out of print anyway, which still makes me sad, but Somerset is great too! Not only great, but a good dear friend of mine is published in somerset!! and in this particular issue!!

A funny quirky short story...After talking to my friend, Colette, she told me exactly what page to find her article on, so I went back to Barnes and Noble and did attempt number 2 in finding it, found it, and as I was reading her article, a lady working at the bookstore came up to me and asked me if I was finding everything ok, I looked up with an ear to ear grin and pointed to her article and said "I know her.......she is my friend.....MY FRIEND IS PUBLISHED IN MAGAZINES!!!" and seriously shouted the last part and my hubby laughed and put his hand over my mouth to contain my excitement, which sometimes I get a little excessive at times...lol but seriously, somerset sew, studio, anything somerset, PICK UP A COPY!!! there are some great articles and featurings of breathtaking artwork!!!

Which now leads me to my etsy friend#2....I made a new friend about a couple of months ago, her name is Jennie, and what a great shop she has!! I am part of her clientele and love her vintage fabrics!! this is my most recent order, and she was ever so kind to send me some extra fabric and some vintage spring green lace!!! thank you Jennie!!


My newest favorite clothing find....A bright yellow super duper soft sweater found at old navy for only $2.97!!! woot!!! I am indeed a very thrifty shopper.

An Ode to Sabrina...meow!


An Ode to Ci-Ci.....purr!

Hope y'all have a great weekend ahead! tonight my hubby and I will savour baked snow crab legs we just got at the super market and watch some netflix movies wrapped in each other's arms!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Lauren- you SHOULD be proud of those stitches on the hat- they look very complicated! The yellow sweater was a steal- and you look like a ray of sunshine. Thanks so much for mentioning me in your post- I'm so happy you enjoyed your package, and, as always, I look forward to seeing what you create :)

Minx's Den said...

you are most certainly welcome dear friend! you know how much I love your shops, you truly have great items and great talent! I am starting on some more house (maisons) pillows with the fabric I got from you, I will be using that awesome spring green lace too! i think it would look so cute with the green rose fabric I bought from you! I might finish today, but most likely tomorrow....check back, you will see my end results!

A bird in the hand said...

Your "oversize" beanie is PERFECT! I am so impressed!! Truly.

xoxoxox

Minx's Den said...

thanks colette! it was a "truly" complicated pattern! hehehe! and it took me 6 weeks to fully complete, but knitting is a new hobby of mine, so many skeins of yarn to choose from!!