My Blog List

Monday, February 28, 2011

New In My Shop!


Brand new, well vintage haha! Posted in minxden early this morning, another vintage fabric pillow joins the mix! I call it "Prairie Garden Medley"...It reminds me of those beautiful spring flowers in my mother's garden, she has the most vibrant purple irises and still does! I just love those irises on this pillow! As a kid, I sure loved spring break, Easter (the whole weekend), all of those flowers blooming, going on Easter egg hunts with my cousins, those cadbury chocolate eggs, malted chocolate eggs, my grandma Nonie's Easter ham that just melted in your mouth, dying those eggs many different colors, that was usually done on the Weekend of Easter at my childhood home...I sure miss those days, last year was the first Easter I spent all alone up here in Nebraska whilst all of my family celebrated down in Kansas, even my hubby had to work mandatory hours that day, it was so depressing for me....luckily, my hubby will have Easter off this year, so I won't be totally alone. I just look at this pillow, it reminds me of the spring times in my childhood and teen years.

5 comments:

Evelyn said...

love the print on this fabric!

amelia said...

That is gorgeous!! So pretty!

Minx's Den said...

thanks ladies!!!! :)

Jennie said...

What stunning fabric- you positioned it perfectly! I'm glad hubs will be with you this year... maybe you can carry some of those traditions over to your own celebration :)

Minx's Den said...

well, it would be more fun if little kiddos were involved, I am a little too old for an easter basket...lol