My Blog List

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Worse Than I Thought

Went to the doc today, had my foot x-rayed....well the "good" news is no broken bones, but the bad news is I have what is called Peroneal Tenosynovitis. In plain english that means that I am in a very long road to recovery. The main tendon around my anle and underneath my foot is damaged, I wont know how bad until 6 weeks pass, if my foot feels better, i get to take off my giant boot, if not any better, then i will be wearing my new big boot longer and have an MRI done to see how badly damaged my tendon really is, if it's bad enough, I will be having surgery to repair it. I'm praying I only have to keep this damn thing on for 6 weeks, not a day longer. This big boot is supposed to keep my foot from bending, I have to keep it from bending, this will be a tough 1 1/2 months. Now of course, I can take it off while bathing, and sleeping, but any other times, it needs to be on. I cant drive for the next 6 weeks, (right foot on petal) and I will have to switch to my left foot when sewing and putting my foot on the pedal. My etsy shop will remain in business, and my hubby takes me on any errands I need to run, and tonight my hubs is moving my sewing machine downstairs for me. GO ME!!!!!!! this stinks!

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

Better a giant boot than surgery.
Try to take it one day at a time, and above all, don't scare yourself with what "might" happen.

Minx's Den said...

you are right, I should take it one day at a time....