My Blog List

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Settling In....


The newest additions to my handmade bird family, "Edmund and Doris" (I named them) but these birdies were not created by my own two hands, no! They were created by my friend, Colette! How clever they are! cute design too! I bought the white one with the beautiful embroidering work, and the red one was given to me by Colette! They both came home with me from the silver bella workshop on a cold snowy night (well technically even further than that!) and now they are making themselves right at home in my studio! eventually they will be displayed on my xmas tree with all of my other birdie ornaments I have collected! That and I keep them both up high so my naughty feline friends wont torture them!

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

I missed this post! They look right at home, and so cute.
Great photo.

Minx's Den said...

thanks! they were sitting quietly on my window sill, but i dont keep them there permanently, if i did, the western afternoon and evening sun would beat down on them and they could fade over time! plus I was going to add a hanging string on them both so I can place hem in my xmas tree....they look so darling!