My Blog List

Friday, November 19, 2010

Delivery From Kansas!


This came in the mail yesterday!! sent by my mom! an old child's xmas book that was one of my favorites as a youngster! called "Bialosky's Christmas" my mom would read it to me over and over again during the holiday season! Someday in the next few years I will be reading it to my babies! also I got a cute folder with tomes of recipes and "tidbits", 2 recipes i hold close to my heart, the plaza III steak soup my family would savor every thanksgiving and the Christollen german Christmas bread my mom and I would make together since I was a wee one. "It's a life!" is what I would say when the dough was rolled up. Of course the real phrase I meant to say was "It's alive" but being 3-4 i simply said "it's a life!" lol I was a such a cute kiddo! but that package made my day bright and was a way of my mom passing the family traditions torch down to me! IT'S MY TURN!

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

My fave is marzipan stollen.
It would go really well with Mr. Minxden's french press coffee....

Minx's Den said...

lol i bet it would! joe actually has not used his french press for a while! time to break it out again since it's getting cold here!