My Blog List

Friday, January 16, 2009

Neighborhood Fire Update!

Good news!  No one was killed or injured!  Everyone in that building made it out ok...I'm so glad, thank you Jesus for protecting those people.  At 6:15am, the fire was finally extinguished, it took almost 4 hours to fight the fire.  After running errands earlier this afternoon, I decided to drive into the complex and check out the aftermath...about half of one building was completely gone, and the one next to it had some significant damage.  It looked like it started from the top floor and worked it's way down.  I talked with a fireman still there helping the big clean up, and he didn't allow me to take any pictures, which I understand, but he did tell me that no one was hurt or killed.  That's the important part, everyone's safety, but lemme tell ya, that fire was too close for comfort.

3 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

What a relief!

Jess said...

Definitely prayers were answered!

Have a great weekend
Love, Jess

A bird in the hand said...

Whoa! Too much activity going on around you! But I'm glad you're OK.
xoxo