My Blog List

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lucky Day


I woke up in one of the worst moods ever this morning...however, hour by hour, things started to look up my way...I received my last birdie ornament in the mail, and while I was doing laundry in the basement of my apartment building, I thought I would check on my etsy site, and sure enough, I had finally made 2 sales after a 2 week dry spell! I sold both my bird on a power line pillows to a lady in Tennessee. That really brought my spirits up because I really thought that I would be in a dry spell for a long time. Lots of things on my mind right now though, my hubby and I want to get a car to replace my old jeep, and it's stressful looking around...my hubby is starting to pay off his college loans, I know that stresses him out, I'm starting to look for another job, cause my current one is only giving me like 5 hours a week, and that's not near enough hours for me. I'm not sure if my 2 finches are going to lay eggs, cause that would be a hassle, to take care of baby birds, I've never done that before. I only know how to take care of baby kitties. Plus, it's darn cold out! I hate, hate, HATE winter with an undying purple passion, and therefore, I can only stay indoors and try to stay warm. Even though now I have most of the week to myself, my kitties keep me good company. I love them, and I love my birdies chirping all day, it sort of reminds me of my parent's house where birds would chirp all day...the sounds of comfort. I will always have pets as long as I will live. They are very nessessary for one's way of life.

4 comments:

kansasrose said...

Oh honey I'm so happy you had a sale!! ( I've been praying) Those pillows are so adorable! Everything in it's own time...the new car, the new job, spring and blessed summer. They will all come to be...in their own time. Breathe, relax, drink some hot tea, count blessings. YOU are blessed and loved! There are people praying for you sweetie...

Love, Mom

Minx's Den said...

Thank you mom for your kind and nurturing words...love pood

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

I believe the very cold weather seeps into our bones and makes us feel down. I could never live where it is dreary even though right now it is 28 degrees and this is Florida. I am going to say a special prayer that you continue to prosper. When I am feeling low, I make a gratitude list and somehow that puts things in perspective for me. That may work for you. I'll check back.

Jess said...

I'm sorry you were having a dry spell... but believe me if I could afford to buy stuff right now, I would be buying from you. I was at your etsy site last night wishing and all that! SO know that people want what you have, they are just po' people....lol

Hope you feel better tomorrow and Jason and I will always have pets too... we love our cats... Abby is laying on my arms now as I type!

Have a good night....

Love, Jess