My Blog List

Friday, January 2, 2009

2 Years Ago Today...

Despite all of my errands I have to run today, I take a few moments to myself as I am writing this blog to reflect on my late paternal grandfather, Robert F. R. 2 years ago on this day, he passed away peacefully in his living room as my grandma was making him breakfast. I will never forget it when my dad got that phone call saying that he has passed...even 2 years later I still feel that ache, I really miss him, and I wish I saw him right before he died, but I can't change the past, what's done is done. I am taking an hour road trip today to visit my folks and sister and I will also visit his grave. Earth's loss is heaven's gain...
On a lighter note, I am excited to see my mom, my dad, and my baby sister...mom and I are going to this cute fabric shop called "The Quilting Bee" and have some fun mother daughter time! I will be sleeping in my old bed tonight, of course I will miss my hubby 60 miles away...

6 comments:

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

I will be thinking about you today. My mother died last January on the 19th so I can relate. I hope you and your mom have a great day together.

Super Step-Mom said...

You couldn't have said it better honey...earth's loss is heaven's gain.

May the angels keep you safe and comforted tonight.

Big hugs to Mom!

amelia said...

Re your hubby...absence make the heart grow fonder, so they say!!

Minx's Den said...

Dearest L.E.K. Had a sweet sweet weekend honey..never enough time. Catch that falling star...I love you!

Mom xxxxxxoooooo

Minx's Den said...

oooops I'm signed in as you! sorry... duh.

kansasrose said...

hope this works...waiting for your call. :) Thanks to all here for the lovely comments. :) (((hug))) Pood's mom