My Blog List

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Aqua Dreams


I dreamdt of aqua shades, the light is so great,
I smell a familiar smell,
aqua underneath my toes, it wraps me up in it's embrace,
I feel safe again, my beating heart slows to a comfortable pace,
Everything is hazy, warm, and inviting.

But I know it won't last long,
the haziness will clear,
the familiar smell will leave my nostrils,
the aqua starts to fade
to shades of gray,
my body turns cold, my heart races,
the light turns to dark.
Dark.......................................................
.......................................................dark.

where am I? but laying in my bed in the dark of night.
The light was only a dream, the aqua shades were only a dream.
I look next to me, my husband deeply sleeps, all is silent, all is dark.
I am back in reality, in shades of black.

No comments: