My Blog List

Monday, December 15, 2008

New Idea And Update


very simple to make, but very cheery and colorful to hang anywhere! I found this bird fabric at wal*art and so I purchased a yard, and thought it might come in handy for some new idea, and here it is!!! I made a cardinal, chickadee, eastern bluebird, and goldfinch (pictured). They range from $2.50-$3.50 each... As for Zoe and Emily (my 2 real zebra finches), they are adjusting quite well to me and my hubby, and yes, even the cats! As I'm in my office working away, me and the finches "peep" back and forth to each other (they are currently stationed in the dining room) and they love it when I "peep" back to them, it's like a game and it's been going on now for the last 2 days! my kitties don't seem to be real jealous, they welcomed them both directly into the household...GOOD GIRLS! My hubby feels better from yesterday, no pain! how does he do that? What can I say??? He's shaped like a linebacker, and even a 2 ton car didn't wipe him out long! (It's like 8 football players piled on top of you anyway!) Thank you to my blogger friends for your reassurance and kind comments!

4 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

My finch, "Ed" and I talk to each other too. :o)

Neat new ornie, or anytime decoration. :o)

I'm glad your hubby seems to be none the worse for wear. It could have turned out so differently!

It's 23F with sleet, freezing rain and snow, and very windy. Not fit for man nor beast outside tonight, so I'm glad I'm warm in our little apartment, at least for now. Hope we don't lose power because we're all electric.

You stay warm and safe too, dear heart.

Much love,

Diane

kansasrose said...

Praying for you all Diane, htat sounds like one nasty icy storm...ya know Pood...what we talked on tonight? Guess what sweetie...you really find out who your cherished blogger friends are really quickly. Diane is one of them. Through thick and thin she is there...steady as she goes. GOOD folk. Best of the best I say. always. Never wavers. Loyalty is a rare thing, when you find it...grab on and hold tight. You are finding out, aren't you? :)

A bird in the hand said...

By the way I love your fincehs, they are so colorful! May they live long and happy lives. Glad Mr. Husband is feeling better.
Cute ornie!

P.S. If you left a comment on my blog, it didn't come through. But your question about it did come through -- hehe!

Stay safe. xoxoxoxo

A bird in the hand said...

Gawd, I hate making typos. Of course I mean FINCHES. (Sorry birdies. Tweet!)