My Blog List

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!


Last night, my ol' college friend dropped by for a visit and suggested we go out to dinner...of course I accepted! This is Erin, a.k.a. "e2"...we've been the best of friends since our freshman year in college (back in 2001) and even though I only now see her maybe twice a year, but the 500 mile distance between us is no obstacle for our friendship...we had a great time during dinner, we chatted like old times, sharing juicy stories about each others hubbies, laughed, cried, told jokes, shared each other's food, drank lime margaritas...you know, the usual. After dinner, we went back to my place and just hung out for a while...I gave her one of my bird ornaments that I had made, she picked out the bright pink one (Libby) but she renamed it "Ren" after me...she nicknames me Ren, she said it reminded her of me, eccentric, loud, pink, girly, and glamourous...She looked at my zebra finches with awe and amazement, she had never seen zebra finches before! Of course my cat ci-ci kept trying to snuggle with erin, of course she loves my cats. I have had many friends come and go in my college years, most of those friendships ended very sour, but my buddy, Erin stuck with me through it all, and we've always had a strong tight bond. I am tough to get along with, but bless her heart, she put up with my b.s. for several years...(we even lived together one of those years!) I love ya, E! My sista!

4 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

Don't you just love friends like that?!?!

kansasrose said...

I love E. too...she is so special. :) and so beautiful! Any news on the baby front yet???;)

Minx's Den said...

Her and her hubby decided to wait a little longer....

pood

A bird in the hand said...

You're tough to get along with, are you?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
;)
xoxoxo