My Blog List

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Long Time!

Sorry for my absence, haven't been much in the blogging mood lately, nothing much to post about, well that is until now...last Wednesday as I was cooking dinner for myself, I had a mishap with a knife whilst cutting Parmesan cheese (hubby told me I was using the wrong knife later on that evening) well, the knife went straight into the base of my thumb and caused a deep laceration thus another trip to the ER was in order...I somehow managed to drive myself with a tea towel wrapped very tightly around my left hand, so the ER nurse went ahead and cleaned it up (that actually was more painful than the cut itself!) and instead of stitches, I got skin glue onto it so it would heal faster...called my hubby while he was at work, told him what happened, he drove straight to the hospital. He went ahead and took the rest of the evening off and he actually resumed cooking what I was making for myself earlier. That and severe weather every single night for the past 8 nights in a row keeping me awake is not fun either, since I do not like sleeping during the day, but have no choice in the matter...This week has not been the best week for me, and I am ready for another week to start. On a lighter softer note, I have been getting all of my fabrics in the mail that I ordered, only 3 left to go! I have a nice stack on my table in my studio, not sure which ones to start off with first on making new pillows...I currently have a creative block and can't seem to get out of this funk, I look to other websites for inspirations, but nothing seems to work for me at the moment. My hubby and I are hosting a 4th of July party at our house, and inviting some friends and their kids over for a big BBQ and fireworks shoot off in our back yard. We are trying to get a menu planned, so far only thought up of grilled hickory smoked chicken drum sticks and home made baked Boston beans...of course we are telling everyone to B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Beer). This is our first huge 4th of July shindig we are throwing by ourselves for the first time since moving from Kansas (we always had big parties with our families) but now it's just the 2 of us and our close friends we don't want anything to go wrong! Just alot on my mind, alot to do these days, and I feel so dang tired all the time, not even sure why, I'm thinking my iron levels are just so dang low, but other wise not sure. I sleep 12-16 hours in a day now for the past week, and my arm hurts like hell from that tetanus shot I got at the ER. Like I said, not a fun past week, just want this week to be overwith! I am sorry I have no pictures to post, giving my hard working camera a break these days. Hope everyone's week has been better than mine!

2 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

I was tested for a bunch of things and I ended up having mono! Imagine my surprise. I have to continue with B12 shots for another 5 months.

My doctor said when people complain of tiredness like I did, they usually have mono. That was in February or March I was diagnosed.

Minx's Den said...

oh i know I do not have mono, low iron levels run in my family...i get these tired spells about 2-3 times per year, I am sorry you have mono, that stinks! get better auntie kim love you!