My Blog List

Monday, September 12, 2011

God Bless The USA!

On September 11, 2011 I went to an airshow. I saw many great sights that day, while in the back of my mind knowing thousands of innocent Americans died on this day 10 years ago. So much has happened in the last 10 years, if I saw this very picture 10 years ago, I wouldn't been able to recognize myself, but I would recognize that plane behind me, Me and "FiFi" reunited once again after almost 17 years! First saw her at 12 years old with my dad, mom, and sister...now with my husband in a different state.

For the first time, I saw The Blue Angels soaring overhead...it almost took my breath away.

"FiFi" the B-29 resting and seeing this plane reminded me of a time of peace, a good economy...

I watched an F-18 Hornet break the speed of sound...

But when this happened, my heart pounded with rage towards those who took all of the innocent 10 years ago, I watched so many people die on TV, THOSE LEAPING TO THEIR DEATHS WHEN JUMPING FROM THOSE BUILDINGS. That flag still flies in the wind, we are still here, we prevailed, and we all came together and promised those souls lost on that day, that they didn't die in vain. We sent brave men and women overseas to fight and defend us, for our freedom, our right to live, our right to persevere. When I saw this flag and singing loudly our national anthem, I wept warm salted tears. I felt my husband grab my hand, and then a perfect stranger next to me grabbed my other hand...I looked around me and everyone was holding hands with someone. We were one and united. Americans with the same hurt, rage, and pride flowing through our red hot veins. That stranger next to me holding my hand was no stranger, he was a fellow American, a brother, a friend. We are all Americans. In a free country.

God bless us all, everyone.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

It sounds like it was a great show- and a very moving experience. I'm so glad you got to share that with your hubby.

Minx's Den said...

it was a wonderful time, but very emotional as well....